Friday, November 11, 2011

What is Carrie Harvala~Running for a Reason

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Carrie Harvala. I am 31 years old and live in Upper Michigan with my husband Jesse of 10 years and our 3 children, Morgan, Spencer and Maggie. I have created a page to help raise some money for family and friends in our community. I have been trying to think of something over the past few years that I can do to help our community. I just recently ran my first 1/2 Marathon and after completing it got the idea to "Run for a Reason". Starting in 2012 my goal is to run 2, 1/2 Marathons and 1, Full Marathon to raise money for groups, individuals, or families that could use a little help. The feedback has been so overwhelming that I ended up raising money and running in my first Running for a Reason race in October. In 2003 my family had a house fire and the support from our friends and family was overwhelming. In 2007 when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter I became very sick and was airlifted to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Again the support was more than I could have ever asked for. Because of that I have always wanted to be able to give back. As it gets closing to each race I will be announcing where the money will be going. I will be open to any suggestions/ideas as to who you feel may benefit from "our" project. I will also be announcing which race I will be running in, if anyone would like to join me. All of the money raised will go directly to the donation of choice. I will pay for all of my own out of pocket expenses including registration, transportation, etc. If the need is there, I will do some shorter road races as well to raise money. Thanks for your support.


"Helping our friends and family 1 mile at a time"

No comments:

Post a Comment